It is our pleasure to welcome you to the General Surgery Department at Hassabo International Hospital. We consider it an honour in Hassabo International Hospital to care for our patients. Our General Surgery staff works together as a team to provide optimum patient care.
Our goal is to work together with you and your family to offer you the best possible medical and surgical care available. The General Surgery Department provides a comprehensive range of surgical services. This is provided by a dedicated team of several consultants each having an area of specialism and expertise.
HIH’s Surgical team includes Consultants, Residents, nurses, surgical technologists, nursing assistants and other specialized technicians who have extensive experience in caring for patients’ medical and surgical needs.
As having surgery is an important decision, and so is choosing where to have surgery. At Hassabo International Hospital, your surgery will be performed by experienced specialists and surgeons equipped with the up-to-date diagnostic and surgical technology. In addition, you’ll experience your surgery and recovery in a comfortable, nurturing environment devoted solely to our patients.
What is general surgery?
General surgery is a branch of medicine that focuses on the surgical management of conditions that affect almost any area of the body.
What is a general surgeon?
The General Surgeon is trained to provide surgical care for the whole patient. This includes making a diagnosis; preoperative, operative and postoperative management of the patient; and the surgical treatment of the following:
About The Clinic
When you schedule your appointment, we will ask you to provide important information that will help us evaluate your current condition:
- Be prepared with the questions you want to ask
- Bring a notebook and pen, we encourage you to take notes
- If this is a follow up visit, you have to remember to write down the changes you have experienced since your last visit.
- All records that refer in any way to your condition
- A complete list of your medications
- All prior medical records, including x-ray films, biopsy reports, lab and/or pathology records
- Any necessary referrals or prior authorization required by your insurance company
Patients are generally seen by appointment, however if your situation is urgent, please inform our staff when you call or visit us at our around the clock Emergency Department. Every effort will be made to see you as soon as possible and the physician will be immediately notified to assess your needs. Please call us at 23520003-23520008 – 23521002-23521006-23521007-23520040 – 01006625687
Each physician has a designated Surgical Coordinator who will meet with you and organize your entire pre-operative and post-operative surgical care. Your surgical coordinator is your liaison between you and your physician.
- Scheduling surgery
- Providing educational materials
- Thorough review of the surgical process and care
- Coordinate pre-op and post-op clearances and appointments
- Assistance with insurance referrals and prior authorizations
- Coordinate home health and physical therapy
- Coordinate DME Durable Medical Equipment services, such as crutches and cold therapy
Questions & Comments
If, after reading this guide, you still have questions, please do not hesitate to ask the Specialists or nurses in our unit. They will be happy to give you more information or arrange a meeting with the Consultant / Medical Director.
We would appreciate it if you could let us know whether you are satisfied with our care. For this purpose, a visitor’s book & patient satisfaction form is available in each of our departments. We would like you to write down your comments, experiences and/or suggestions for improvement, so that we can share this with our staff members. This input may help us to improve the service at the centre.
or via the e-mail address: